Monday, March 14, 2016

Angel Cookies - So innocently delicious

A couple Christmases ago my family members each received a batch of cookies. They weren't that impressed lol. The problem with cookies is, if they're any good they get eaten. Delicious cookies or slim waist? (#LadyProblems)

So the next Christmas I spent a whole week baking, everyone got cookies or fudge, personalized with their own recipe. The fellas got a lot of sugar, I'll admit. Just as they like their desserts. But for the ladies, I looked for other options and after some tweaking, came up with some instant hits.

Here's the one I made with my step mother in mind; Grandma Kathy's Angel Cookies. They're vegan, they're light, and they're delicious. Enjoy, and keep reading, I'll share more. =)

Grandma Kathy's Angel Cookies
   Ingredients
1 cup almond butter/margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
      - Mix these first

      - Add these and mix well

1/2 cup coconut milk (find it next to the soy milk)
 i cup oats

       - Mix these in another bowl, then add to first bowl
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt

       - Stir these babies in
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/8 cup sliced almonds

And bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 375 F for about 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan. 

There's something about cranberries and white chocolate that inspires love. <3 Share these with your favorite people. And hit subscribe and follow me. There's more of this to come.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment