Sunday, January 31, 2016

Just Boobs

Breastfeeding. Particularly public breastfeeding, has become a hot topic these days. Personally I can't understand the issue. Breasts have literally been around since the beginning of mammals. It blows my mind how many people are afraid of boobs. (Weirdos) 

I don't know who sexualized the boobs or when. Most likely some freak show with mommy issues. But now it's taboo to use them as nature intended, to feed your child. Doesn't anyone else find that kinda sickening? 

Never mind how beneficial mother's milk is, let's talk about how stupid it is to be afraid of boobs. I saw a video floating around facebook recently of an experiment put on by this couple and their newborn baby. They went around sitting next to folks at various bus stops and park benches, then the woman pulled out a boob (remaining tastefully covered by her shirt) and fed her baby. When the strangers next to her noticed what she was doing she apologized to them, saying she's a new mother, she doesn't know the rules and her baby is hungry. 

Some people just got up and walked away shaking their heads. Some argued with the woman that feeding her hungry infant should be done strictly at home where nobody has to see her exposed breasts. (Are you friggin kidding me?) And only one woman stayed right where she was, minded her business and when the new mother apologized for not knowing the rules, the woman praised her for breastfeeding. 

When did people stop minding their business? I breastfed all three of my babies and was never confronted like this. The absolute worst of my experiences was a strange glance or two. People these days are so self centered. "I don't want to see that, so you can't offer it to my eyes". 

Umm.. look away???

Too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment